Coffee Bean 9 Feet x 12 Feet Bamboo Silky Shag Rug
Soft, sumptuous chenille shag offers an abundance of style and comfort.
Silky Shag is an inspired chenille shag rug that features innovative, modern construction details and an irresistible eco-retro style. Its billowy tufts are softer and silkier than those of traditional shag rugs made from wool or synthetic fibers. The uniquely luxuriant look and feel of this rug is due to a custom specified blended yarn of 50% rayon made from bamboo and 50% cotton. And, unlike wool shags that are prone to a lifetime of heavy shedding, our Silky Shag is practically lint-free.
Please allow 5-10 business days to ship plus a few days in transit.
The 9 feet x 12 feet rugs will be a freight shipment. The smaller rugs will ship via UPS.
We offer Free shipping for this item to our customers. Any returns will be subject to actual shipping charges and our standard restock fee.
Care and Cleaning Instructions
- Rug should be fluffed up when first un-rolled as it will initially be matted down
- Minimal, initial shedding is normal and will diminish over time
- Vacuum regularly. Do not use vacuum with a beater brush unless you can disable the brush or raise it higher than the shag pile because it may snag and pull the long shag tufts. If you cannot disable the beater brush or raise it higher than the shag pile you should only use suction attachments.
- Professional cleaning is recommended—especially for difficult stains or heavily soiled rugs. Your professional cleaner should know that the rug pile is 50% rayon made from bamboo (which is a cellulose fiber) and 50% cotton. The backing is natural latex and cotton.
- Clean liquid spills immediately. Blot—do not rub—with a clean, dry, absorbent cloth. You may spot-clean using a solution of mild dish soap and water but test the solution in a small, inconspicuous area of the rug to be sure there is no discoloration.
- All fibers that are exposed to direct, prolonged sunlight will experience some degree of fading. Please rotate your rug regularly if it is in a sunny location.
- Softer and silkier than traditional shag rugs made from wool or synthetic fibers. Uniquely luxuriant look and feel due to custom specified blended yarn (50% rayon made from bamboo, 50% cotton)
- Amazingly soft and silky chenille pile
- Minimal, initial shedding compared to wool shag rugs
- Only Azo-free (non-toxic) dyes are used
- Backing consists of cotton and natural latex
Natural Fibers We Use: Bamboo is remarkable in its renewability. The species we use (Moso) can be harvested in as little as four years and is the premier species for flooring due to its hardiness; on the other hand, hardwoods like oak take at least 40 years to mature before they can be harvested. Sustainably harvested in its native habitat in the Anji Mountains of China. Bamboo grows at an astonishing rate. Some species of bamboo grow more than three feet each day! No plant on the planet grows at a faster rate. When it is harvested, it will grow a new shoot from its extensive root system with no need for additional planting or cultivation. Virtually every part of the bamboo plant can be used to make a wide variety of products: everything from soil-enriching mulch to beautiful furniture to chopsticks. Bamboo can replace the use of wood for nearly every application. Paper, flooring, furniture, charcoal, building materials, and much more can be made from bamboo. Bamboo fibers are far stronger than wood fibers and much less likely to warp from changing atmospheric conditions.